Sunday 9 October 2011

Ideas for 30 second presentation (09 Oct 2011)


4 screen sprite for animating in flash as a background.
The screen backgrounds pan from one colour to the next.

Top-right corner counter counting from 1 to 30 (in Chinese).
Reference source from:
http://chineseculture.about.com/library/extra/character/bls_numbers.htm

Initial wording for presentation:
------------------------------------
For my area of research I would like to study Interactive Chinese Learning Tools and trace their early development and future innovative potential. The background situation is that people across the globe are increasingly choosing to learn Mandarin and the market for interactive learning is expanding. The key focus is to look at which tools are best for learning to write and speak the language and examine the various aspects of each interface. (73)

-----

I plan to undertake this research by collecting materials from libraries, viewing websites and catalogues, going to museums, and through interviews. I would like to talk to the people who have invented and developed the tools, and possibly make a field visit to China. I will work on my research two to three days each week and self manage my time and focus. (63)

For the conclusion I would like to find out which tools are the most effective, and potentially either have the chance to work with one of the companies to provide recommendations to improve their products or develop my own proposal. I would like to evaluate my achievement by checking that I have met the main aims and objectives of the research proposal. For the Bibliography I plan to write a literature review. (72)

73+63+72 = 208 words


Latest wording for presentation:
------------------------------------
SHORTENED VERSION TO FIT 30 SECONDS

Wo jiao Andrew

Hu4dong4 zhong1guo2 xue2xi2 gong1ju4
This means Interactive Learning Chinese Tools.

People of all ages across the world are wanting to learn Mandarin for economic and cultural reasons, and the market for interactive learning is expanding.

My key focus will be to look at which tools are best for learning to write and which tools are best for learning to speak Chinese and examine the aspects of each interface.

(106)





No comments:

Post a Comment